Just to follow up my previous message (I can't replay to my own messages as I no longer receive them) there is an example of a complete user written debugger here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_73/apiref/apiexusdeb.htm <https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_73/apiref/apiexusdeb.htm>

All written in C so I'm not going to play with that puppy any time soon but for the C literati on the list you may find it of interest.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com