Thanks Mark!  IMO, *DEFER is the better solution.

On 7/23/2018 10:01 PM, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
Peter,

This deficiency was addressed by IBM with an enhancement to the ILE binder (CRTPGM, CRTSRVPGM, UPDPGM, UPDSRVPGM) in V6R1 with the addition of the *DEFER keyword ... on the SRVPGM parameter.  So for example, you might specify:

    CRTPGM PGM(libname/HS0175R) MODULE(*LIBL/HS0175R) SRVPGM(*LIBL/HSSFR4 *DEFER)

The help text for *DEFER says:

Activation of the bound service program may be deferred until a
function it exports is called.

You could circumvent around this issue by "hard-coding" the library name, even on V5R4 and earlier, e.g.:

    CRTPGM PGM(libname/HS0175R) MODULE(*LIBL/HS0175R) SRVPGM(HSSFR4/HSSFR4)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury