I don't know if this is your issue - but if your display file window can
handle *DS3 and *DS4 and your session is set up for DS4 ( 27 * 132 ) then
it won't be able to show a background that is DS3.

If you want to force it into DS3 because the caller has a visible display
file which is DS3, then you can use the Format Level DSPMOD keyword e.g

A R DETAIL
A 26 DSPMOD(*DS4)
A WINDOW(CRTWDW)
A RTNCSRLOC(&RECNAM &FLDNAM &FLDPOS)
A 70 CSRLOC(LINE POSN)
A OVERLAY
A RECNAM 10A H
A FLDNAM 10A H
A FLDPOS 4S 0H
A LINE 3S 0H
A POSN 3S 0H

In my case I have a window which shows a month using PSHBTNCHC and it is
small enough to fit on DS3 without conditioning any field positions.

I pass a "WideScreen" boolean to the program to tell it whether to set on
Indicator 26 and condition it to use DS4.

That way even though the client access session is set to DS4, I can force
it back to DS3 if it is overlaying a DS3 Display file.

I still find the windows somewhat problematical. I think the main thing
that I occasionally fall foul of is having an out of date background appear
behind my window...

Not sure if this is your issue, but it's a handy thing to know.

best regards,
Craig

On 19 July 2018 at 22:23, Paul Therrien <paultherrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>