Part of service program I have that does message functions.

**FREE

dcl-pr SendProgramMessage ExtPgm('QMHSNDPM');
PR_MessageId Char(7) Const;
PR_QualifiedMessageFile Char(20) Const;
PR_MessageData Char(32767) Options(*VarSize) Const;
PR_MessageDataLength Int(10) Const;
PR_MessageType Char(10) Const;
PR_CallStackEntry Char(4096) Options(*Varsize) Const;
PR_CallStackEntryCounter Int(10) Const;
PR_MessageKey Char(4);
PR_ErrorReturn LikeDs(TD_StdErrorModel);
PR_LengthOfCallStackEntry Int(10) Const Options(*NoPass);
PR_CallStackQualification Char(20) Const Options(*NoPass);
PR_WaitTime Int(10) Const Options(*NoPass);
end-pr;

dcl-pr ReceiveProgramMessage ExtPgm('QMHRCVPM');
PR_MessageInformation Char(32767) Options(*VarSize);
PR_LengthOfMessageInformation Int(10) Const;
PR_FormatName Char(8) Const;
PR_CallStackEntry Char(4096) Options(*Varsize) Const;
PR_CallStackEntryCounter Int(10) Const;
PR_MessageType Char(10) Const;
PR_MessageKey Char(4) Const;
PR_WaitTime Int(10) Const;
PR_MessageAction Char(10) Const;
PR_ErrorReturn LikeDs(TD_StdErrorModel);
end-pr;

dcl-ds TD_ReturnMessage Qualified Template;
BytesReturn Int(10);
BytesAvailable Int(10);
MessageSeverity Int(10);
MessageIdentifier Char(7);
MessageType Char(2);
MessageKey Char(4);
MessageFileName Char(10);
MessageFileLibrarySpecified Char(10);
MessageFileLibraryUsed Char(10);
SendingJob Char(10);
SendingJobUserProfile Char(10);
SendingJobNumber Char(6);
SendingProgramName Char(12);
SendingInstructionNumber Char(4);
DateSent Char(7);
TimeSent Char(6);
ReceivingProgramName Char(10);
ReceivingInstructionNumber Char(4);
SendingType Char(1);
ReceivingType Char(1);
Reserved1 Char(1);
ConversionStatusIndText Int(10);
ConversionStatusIndData Int(10);
AlertOption Char(9);
CCSIDOfMessageText Int(10);
CCSIDOFReplacementText Int(10);
LengthOfReplacementText Int(10);
LengthOfReplacementTextAvailable Int(10);
LengthOfMessageReturn Int(10);
LengthOfMessageAvailable Int(10);
LengthOfMessageHelpAvailable Int(10);
end-ds;

dcl-ds TD_StdErrorModel Qualified Template;
Size Int(10) Inz(%Size(TD_StdErrorModel));
BytesAvailable Int(10) Inz(0);
MessageId Char(7);
Reserved1 Char(1);
MessageData Char(1024);
end-ds;

dcl-c CPF_MESSAGE_FILE_NAME 'QCPFMSG *LIBL ';
dcl-c FALSE '0';
dcl-c TRUE '1';

//* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
//* UTCALLS_GetTriggerProgram
//* Get name of program causing trigger to fired.
//* Function send a message to the database program used for the
//* insert or update. When it find it, it knows that the previous
//* program is the program that caused the insert or update.
//* In - Trigger Event.
//* Out - None
//* Returns - Name of program
//* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
dcl-proc UTCALLS_GetTriggerProgram Export;
dcl-pi *N VarChar(10);
InTriggerEvent Char(1) Value;
end-pi;

dcl-s PtrReturnMessage Pointer Inz(%Addr(MessageBuffer));
dcl-ds ReturnMessage LikeDs(TD_ReturnMessage) Based(ptrReturnMessage);
dcl-ds ErrorReturn LikeDs(TD_StdErrorModel) Inz(*LikeDs);

dcl-c INSERT_PROGRAM 'QDBPUT';
dcl-c UPDATE_DELETE_PROGRAM 'QDBUDR';

dcl-s MessageBuffer Char(8192);

dcl-s MessageBackLength Int(10) Inz(%Size(MessageBuffer));
dcl-s ReturnMessageKey Char(4);

dcl-s CallStackEntry Char(10);
dcl-s Msg Char(1024);

If Not (InTriggerEvent = UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT_INSERT Or
InTriggerEvent = UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT_DELETE Or
InTriggerEvent = UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT_UPDATE Or
InTriggerEvent = UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT_READ);
Msg = 'Trigger event is not valid event. Must a UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT
value';
XVERRH_Throw('CPF9898':
CPF_MESSAGE_FILE_NAME:
Msg);
EndIf;

If InTriggerEvent = UTCALLS_TRIGGER_EVENT_INSERT;
CallStackEntry = INSERT_PROGRAM;
Else;
CallStackEntry = UPDATE_DELETE_PROGRAM;
EndIf;

SendProgramMessage('CPF9898':
CPF_MESSAGE_FILE_NAME:
'Test': // Message to send
4: // Length of message
'*INFO': // Type of message
CallStackEntry: // Program name to search for
1: // Stack counter to go back
ReturnMessageKey: // Message key returned
ErrorReturn);
If ErrorReturn.BytesAvailable > 0;
Msg = 'Unknown error in Send Message API. Message Id = ' +
ErrorReturn.MessageId;
XVERRH_Throw('CPF9898':
CPF_MESSAGE_FILE_NAME:
Msg);
EndIf;

ReceiveProgramMessage(MessageBuffer: // Buffer to receive message into
MessageBackLength: // Length of buffer
'RCVM0200': // Message format
'*': // Use the current pgm queue
0: // Call stack counter
'*INFO': // Program type to receive
ReturnMessageKey: // Message key returned
0: // Wait Time
'*REMOVE': // How to handle message
ErrorReturn);
If ErrorReturn.BytesAvailable > 0;
Msg = 'Unknown error in Send Message API. Message Id = ' +
ErrorReturn.MessageId;
XVERRH_Throw('CPF9898':
CPF_MESSAGE_FILE_NAME:
Msg);
EndIf;

Return %Trim(ReturnMessage.ReceivingProgramName);

end-proc;

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:04 AM Larenzo Alexander <