Craig, how does the trigger handle shifting from synchronous processing to
asynchronous? If you are using Data Queues, You may want to look into
MQSeries. Those queues are a bit heavier, but have commitment control built
in. I believe that with MQSeries, a message that is put on the queue but
not yet committed is not available for retrieval. Then you can use
commitment control as needed. You asynchronous jobs do not get messages
until they are committed, and a rollback will remove those messages before
they are delivered.

Rollback should not fire the trigger again because anything that is
processed in the same commitment definition whether by trigger, or by
application will be rolled back by the rollback itself (as long as all your
changed resources are covered by the same commitment definition). If you
are doing commitment control, but not covering all of your bases with the
commitment definition, that is really on you, not the database. It has to
assume that anything you left out of the transaction was intentional. Thus
re-firing triggers is the wrong thing to do on a rollback.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Craig Richards <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>