Just a hazard of creating a simplified example. C3 is actually defined
with the 140+ fields, and is an example of what I don't like having to do.
C1 was of just one of the files using LIKEDS, so I copied and modified it
for the original post. I've corrected it below:

dcl-ds IPIM_t extname('IPIM') qualified template end-ds;

// I know this doesn't work, but its an example of what I'm
trying to specify
dcl-ds C3_t qualified template;
F1 likeds(IPIM_t);
F2 likeds(IPIM_t);
end-ds;

dcl-ds C3 likeds(C3_t) INZ;

// Parts in both systems with some kind of difference
exec sql declare C3 cursor for
select t2.*,IPIMX.*
from (select *
from QTEMP/IPIMP