Von: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Craig Richards
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. März 2018 17:46
An: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Betreff: Re: RPGLE XML-INTO

Sean,

To provide a balance to my slightly flippant remark re COBOL long names ....

I can see how it would be unwieldy to try to use that long qualified name a
lot in your subsequent code.

If that is what concerns you, here are two alternatives - both illustrated
below:

1. Create two separate variables based on pointers, initialise their
address to the DS subfields and use those names going forwards
2. Overlay the DS with some more fields using the POS keyword to put
them in the right place and use those names going forwards

Essentially this amounts to the same thing - two variable pointing to the
same memory address:

e.g: From my second example:

Dcl-S XMLDoc VarChar( 512 );

Dcl-DS docID Qualified Template;
ProprietaryDocumentIdentifier Char( 26 );
End-Ds;

Dcl-DS genDate Qualified Template;
datetimestamp Char( 26 );
End-Ds;

Dcl-DS ASN Qualified;
thisDocumentGenerationDateTime LikeDS( genDate );
thisDocumentIdentifier LikeDS( docID );
doc Char( 26 ) Pos( 1 );
date Char( 26 ) Pos( 27 );
End-Ds;

Dcl-S ID Char( 26 ) Based( pID );
Dcl-S GDate Char( 26 ) Based( pGDate );

pID = %Addr( ASN.thisDocumentIdentifier.ProprietaryDocumentIdentifier );
pGDate = %Addr( ASN.thisDocumentGenerationDateTime.datetimestamp );

XMLDoc = '<ASN>'
+ '<thisDocumentGenerationDateTime>'
+ '<DateTimeStamp>19.03.2018 08:50:55</DateTimeStamp>'
+ '</thisDocumentGenerationDateTime>'
+ '<thisDocumentIdentifier>'
+ '<ProprietaryDocumentIdentifier>87323619.03.2018
08:50:55</ProprietaryDocumentIdentifier>'
+ '</thisDocumentIdentifier>'

Xml-Into ASN
%Xml( XMLDoc : 'path=ASN case=any allowmissing=yes' );

So you could do either approach ( don't do both! I was just showing you an
example )

But now you can either use ASN.doc and ASN.date

or plain old ID and GDate

To refer to those long fields.

regards,
Craig