Birgitta, must disagree strongly.

One. Not checking the open status. The error that needs to be reported is
the error that is returned from the Open statement, not from the fetch. I
again reemphasize , each statement except a declare needs to be error
checked and processing stopped if an error is detected.

Two. I specifically that warning should be reported as errors. You used as
an example of a warning that not enough variables provides. How is that
less of a disaster? Your program is expecting three variables but you only
load two. That could cause all kinds of problems. If a specific warning
message should be ignore, it should specifically be coded. You just cannot
ignore warning message. They are indicators of bigger problems.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:20 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>