That is my sentiment too.  I do wish that certain keywords could be marked deprecated and developers be encouraged to avoid them. Programming for 300 baud modems is no longer useful.  The idea of "enhanced controllers" being a new-fangled oddity has worn thin over the past 25+ years.

I did however add back those keywords to see if behavior changed.  It didn't.

In the end, the game isn't worth the candle; I was changing WDWTITLE as a part of development code and that code disappears before production so the problem disappears too.