No, that is just my bad memory. I've never remembered it correctly. I just WRKOBJ QR* when I need to find it.

This won't help with triggers. I never set on LR with triggers, which does make them hard to replace, but when I set on LR, performance was dreadful. (1998 was the last time I tried it, though).

Named activation group is fine except for the scope of overrides. I've had issues with overrides with legacy code overrides and service programs, although not especially with triggers. When I want to take an OPM program to ILE, I always have to check the way its environment uses overrides.

Based on my experience, running in the default activation group does not seem to be the horror show people think it is. The main issue occurs if you have service programs and run RCLRSC, things break, since you close the files and the service program still thinks they are open. If you don't use RCLRSC, the service program works fine (or at least it worked at V4R1M0, last time I saw this.) It can have advantages for scope of overrides from programs running in the default activation group. But for a trigger, it would be hard to make sure that no software uses RCLRSC.

Now if the top program runs in *NEW, you can also have issues with overrides if any of the overrides it issues repoint a table that the trigger is supposed to access, but only if the table in the trigger would need to pick up the override. *CALLER avoids this.