Hi Buck,

Thanks for your reply.

My situation is similar to the one you describe when it comes to
performance specs too.
At the moment the performance that the web client is seeing is not
spectacular but probably fast enough.
I worried the delays might be with the QTMHHTP1 thread having to connect
and disconnect to the remote database all the time, inserting records with
CLOBs and using final table to retrieve IDs from auto-gem columns on the
remote box and start up the trigger programs but in fact all of that stuff
is surprisingly fast and by far most of the transaction time is occurring
in the web server.

I guess I'll run some tests on that API tomorrow, I just wanted to make
sure there wasn't a more obvious simple solution.
I still like the sndpgmmsg solution and I believe it's more lightweight
except it fills the joblog. I could of course remove successfully sent
messages...

Maybe I'll compare those two...

While it might sound a bit naive to suggest a solution like identifying it
by the user profile of the job and restricting the use of that profile to
those server jobs still has its merits if you have sufficient control over
things like that in your application.

Thanks as always to all who take the time to reply :-)
I know we are all busy and it's good to throw some ideas around.

best regards,
Craig