Hi Martin,

I've had the same thoughts for more years than I care to remember ( we were
talking about this when I was contracted to IBM in the early 90s! and may
have even written a prototype, though it was for the telecom NZ project,
not NZ )
Obviously it's possible and it makes sense for all the reasons that javadoc
does.

I just never got around to writing my own or seeking out someone else's
solution.

That said, ( and this is no reason not to create/use such a tool ) it's
only ever going to be as good as the putting in the markup...

If I'm honest I would say the most useful documentation I've found to be my
own visio diagrams with annotations.
Well, I say Visio, but my version is Visio 4 - way before microsoft got
involved and sadly I just can't get that to run in Windows 10.
I can get it to run on my mac in my old copy of VMware Fusion but I can
never get the virtual printing to work properly.
So these days, with the extortionate price that microsoft charge for visio
it's googledocs drawings for me!

regards,
Craig