From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Campin
--- Recently we had a programmer write a service program without the NOMAIN and he used a *INLR so we ended up with a service program using the cycle.

A service program would never use the cycle in the same sense that a bound program does.

The modules of the Service program "should" be created Nomain.

You can still bind "Main" modules into a service program.
But only exported procedures are included in a service program.
If none of the procedures in the "Main" module are exported, then the module is just a waste of space as it contains non reachable code.

A service program is a collection of exported procedures.
Turning on LR in a service program procedure has no impact on resources of a service program.

Chris Hiebert
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.