Sounds like an excellent use of Dynamic Varying List SELECT statements. I confess I have yet to see a good working example written in RPG IV! (All of the examples I have come across were written in C).

(I always have this nagging feeling that a we're simply trying to invent a better mousetrap. Consider the existing query tools - even STRSQL - that can be called upon.)

Brian.