ok.

if you work with jQuery the code is intuitive. But the point is, doing the
same in RPG would require knowing procedure pointers. And even there you
can't chain your calls using the object returned from a function. The RPG
version would be a lot more code.

creating an object with properties in javascript is easy to code and easy
to learn. Convert it to a string, convert from string back to an object.
Very simple. In RPG there are the limitations of the language. And then
you have to learn to declare a DS, use qualified, maybe a based pointer,
then dim. Then you need LIKEDS instead of LIKE. And procedure and program
parms have their rules.

here is a swift for loop. Teaching the same in RPG there are simply more
concepts to learn.
let primeNumbers = [2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31]

for number in primeNumbers {
print("\(number)")
}

yes, I am off of .NET and C#. It remains incredible software, but MSFT is
failing its programmers same as IBM did to us. Swift is a dead ringer for
C#. And APPLE knows how to make money.

View this pluralsight course on Apple's Swift.
https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/swift3-fundamentals/table-of-contents
Simply incredible.