From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 2:39 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: fputs() in RPGLE

Windows explorer showed zero bytes.  wrklnk attributes shows zero bytes.

It's CCSID 37 as I didn't explicitly change it but that should not be an issue.

I had considered adding fflush() but you'd think fclose() would do that anyway.  Mark Waterbury replied offlist that he tried it and had same results as mine - except this morning, after an ipl, there was data in his file.  He suggested fflush too.  Just haven't had time to try that but it's pretty whacky.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

Yea - sorry - but someone had to ask and my version worked just fine.

Just a thought - but are you sure it _is_ "nothing" and not just undisplayable characters due to a code page error.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com

Partner400 - Your partner in iSeries education
www.partner400.com
If you are looking for the very best in IBM i* Education, Consulting and Mentoring services you have come to the right place! We are dedicated to helping our ...

Partner400 - Your partner in iSeries education
www.partner400.com

Partner400 - Your partner in iSeries education
www.partner400.com
If you are looking for the very best in IBM i* Education, Consulting and Mentoring services you have come to the right place! We are dedicated to helping our ...

If you are looking for the very best in IBM i* Education, Consulting and Mentoring services you have come to the right place! We are dedicated to helping our ...

www.SystemiDeveloper.com

System i Developer - Home Page
www.systemideveloper.com
Welcome. Welcome to System i Developer, a consortium of top experts and educators on IBM i technology. If you develop or manage RPG/DB2 applications, we can help you ...