Dieter,

What ancient POS version of the OS are you running?

drop sequence NextKey;
cl: CRTDTAARA DTAARA(ROB/NEXTKEY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(5);
create sequence NextKey;

SQL State: 42710 Vendor Code: -601 Message: [SQL0601] NEXTKEY in ROB type
*DTAARA already exists. Cause . . . . . : An attempt was made to create
NEXTKEY in ROB or to rename a table, view, alias, or index to NEXTKEY, but
NEXTKEY already exists. All tables, views, aliases, indexes, SQL
packages, sequences, global variables, masks, permissions, constraints,
triggers, user-defined types, and XSR objects in the same schema must have
unique names. -- If NEXTKEY is a temporary table, it cannot be replaced
unless the WITH REPLACE clause is specified. -- If the schema name is *N,
this is a CREATE SCHEMA statement. If this is a CREATE TABLE or ALTER
TABLE statement and the type is *N, NEXTKEY is a constraint. Recovery . .
. : Change NEXTKEY to a name that does not exist, or delete, move, or
rename the existing object. If this is a temporary table, use the WITH
REPLACE clause. If creating an SQL package, specify REPLACE(*YES) on
CRTSQLPKG. Try the request again.

You're speaking in an extreme quantity of absolutes lately.

Rob Berendt