"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04/20/2017 01:00:01
PM:
----- Message from Paul Bailey <PabloMotte+Midrange@xxxxxxxxx> on
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:19:44 +0100 -----

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: CPF5035 on 2nd call of SP from RPGLE

Hi Birgitta,

The cursor is created by the ALLOCATE in the RPGLE (instead of an OPEN)
and
then closed by the RPGLE after use. I think my initial worries that
RPGLE
was part of the problem were incorrect and the issue is actually with
the
FINAL TABLE implementation in "DB2 for i". RPGLE handles result sets
from
stored procedures using SELECT statements with the same ALLOCATE routine
fine, and the stored procedure I was using for the INSERT also failed
with
the same problem when called through a JDBC connection.

-Paul..

Maybe I've missed and this has already been covered in the thread, but the
CPF5035 is caused by a mis-match in data types. The most common cause I've
seen for this is not declaring a numeric as a signed-numeric
field--whether or not the data can actually be signed, you must declare it
as signed. The second-level text on the error will tell you the field name
and give an error code which should clarify what is actually wrong.

This may have been covered before, but does the INSERT actually happen or
is the error before that? Knowing this could help narrow it down, too.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International
www.TheWay.org