will continue to do so and will also still use RLA (today known as NoSql)
whenever I can avoid SQL that simply is to slow when processing complex
table structures where data dependencies is based on complex user rules.

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Barbara Morris <bmorris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2017-03-16 5:06 PM, Hiebert, Chris wrote:

Does anyone know if IBM is going to add the "**end-free" to the
documentation specification for "**free"?

No.

It _is_ already mentioned in the Programmer's Guide in the section for
preprocessor providers. **END-FREE is only supposed to be added by a
preprocessor that is merging copy files into a single source file.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzasc/preproc.htm

IBM's position on this is that fully-free source means fully-free source.
But due to the way the precompiler works, it's a necessary evil that there
has to be a way to have both fully-free and column-limited source in a
single _temporary_ source file _created_by_a_preprocessor_. The alternative
would have been that all the copy files for a fully-free source file also
had to be fully-free.

--
Barbara