On 3/3/2017 4:31 PM, Barbara Morris wrote:
On 2017-03-03 12:49 PM, Henrik Rützou wrote:
I'm doing a major reorganization and documentation of my service-programs
that is written to run on V5R3 + V5R4 but now only supports V7R0

When did the need for /free - /end-free in procedures disappear?

Release and TR please

The RPG enhancements between releases are not physically part of the
TRs; they are delivered through PTFs. So even if someone has 7.1 TR 7,
they don't necessarily have the RPG enhancement that removes the need
for /free. (And vice versa, they might have the RPG enhancement PTF even
if they don't have TR 7.)

It's in the link Birgitta supplied, but for the archives (again) there
is a separate PTF for the SQL precompiler, as the precompiler comes out
of the DB2 team rather than the RPG lab.

So when Barbara says 'PTFs' she really does mean plural:
One for the RPG compiler
One for the SQL precompiler