I like it!
Thanks Chris.

Michael Koester

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Hiebert, Chris
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:31 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SQL function equivalent to TestN?

We are on V7R1 and can use regular expressions to replicate that behavior.

Here is a very simple example:

WITH T1 (VFLD) AS (VALUES ('not a number'),('156,156'),('1 '),(' 1 ') )
/* in order to run INT your string can't have any commas */ select
INT(replace( VFLD , ',' , '' )) Where length(trim(vfld)) > 0 And
/* skip strings that have anything that is not a digit or a comma */
REGEXP_COUNT( trim(vfld) , '[^(\d|,)]' ) = 0 and
/* Include strings that have a digit or a comma. */ REGEXP_COUNT(
trim(vfld) , '[(\d|,)]' ) > 0 ;

Chris Hiebert
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.