On 13 December 2016 at 17:33, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I looked through the archives and saw the same issue mentioned earlier this
year. Tried the suggestions, nothing changed.

As a procedural sort of note, the list may make all of the exact same
suggestions again, because we can't tell what suggestions you tried
:-( If there were a link to what you read... well you know.

RDi warns that the /copy member can't be found. It is there.

One of these assertions is false. Our debugging job is to suss out
which one. Many times, when a colleague implores that nothing changed
between then and now, the thing that changed is the job.
Specifically, the library list. What if there are two versions of
this /copy; one in TEST and one in DEV, and they are different?

I compiled,
and the /copy member is included, as are the fields that are marked as
undefined.

So now we know that the 'member not found' warning is the false
assertion. What is the exact error message? It sounds like you're
getting 'field not defined' errors.

I opened an older source member that uses exactly the same /copy
member, worked fine, and hasn't been touched for months. Same results. So
I am satisfied it isn't some sort of unseen typo, etc.

And by 'same' one assumes 'the compile fails'.

I also compiled from
a PDM session with the same results so it isn't RDi related.

That's a good clue. It indicates that there is something awry with
the /copy member. Does that /copy itself do any /copy or /includes?
Check the compiler listing carefully for other errors; is it something
like a data structure being defined twice (say copied in from two
/copy members)? If this is an SQLRPGLE, make sure there aren't any
SQL syntax errors; sometimes the preprocessor gets lost in the weeds
and leaves the compiler with quite a mess to sort through. This
sometimes results in a cascade of errors that can be misleading.

--buck