To: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "gio.cot" <gio.cot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/28/2016 09:42AM
Subject: Generic trigger - Dinamically field position find

I would need write a generic trigger program that update date and time
change fields ;

This is my scenario:

Trigger program receive the two standard parameter
(https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/html/as400/v4r5/ic2979/info/db2/rbafomst288.
htm#HDRRZAHFTRC )

As the date and time change fields , are always the same, (example
DATA_LOG - TIME_LOG), I would need find the initial field position in input
record update the values in the input record string with substring and then
return back so that in record I will find my date and time updated.

Can some help me with some example or how to find the initial fields
position ??

Keep in mind I have about 25 files that have the same date and time fiels
and I would like to write only one trigger program to update this two field

Thanks in advance