All -

Not sure if this should be posted in RPG or Java list...

I am creating an interface from J.D. Edwards to SAP GTS (Global Trade
Services) to perform trade compliance checking on sales orders.

SAP has a Java library called JCO which is used to call SAP functions
from Java. The GTS interface is exposed as an ABAP function which I
must call from a Java program.

My RPG program will process one order at a time, so it will call the
Java method repeatedly, so I need to know what kind of garbage
collection I may need to do to free up Java objects in between sales
order.

I have reviewed the JNI documentation found at
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_7.1.0/com.ibm.etools.i
series.pgmgd.doc/c0925075208.htm

and

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4QVT_8.5.1/com.ibm.etools.i
series.pgmgd.doc/sc092507247.htm

Will this work?

env = getJniEnv();

// FXXORDER contains one record per order

DoU %eof( FXXORDER );
Read IXXORDER;

beginObjGroup( env : 10000 );

If NOT %eof( FXXORDER );