On 05-Jul-2016 12:06 -0500, Hayes, Daniel wrote:

I added the DSPJOB for program stack and when I was able to recreate
the duplication I found this DSPJOB:

<ed: reformatted for width>
5722SS1 V5R4M0 060210 Display Job 6/30/16 12:23:15 Page 1
Job . : DEVA1 User . : DDHAYES Number . . : 398973
Job Call Stack
Thread . : 000007BD
Program Statement Inst ActGrp Module CtlBdy
QCMD QSYS 0512 *DFT-1 Y
QUICMENU QSYS 00C1 *DFT-1 N
1 QUIMNDRV QSYS 060C *DFT-1 N
2 QUIMGFLW QSYS 04C8 *DFT-1 N
3 QUICMD QSYS 048D *DFT-1 N
STRJDE UTILITY 1500 0015 *DFT-2 N
J98INITA JDFOBJ 13800 00EB *DFT-2 N
J98INITV JDFOBJ 19500 00FB *DFT-2 N
P00MENU JDFOBJ 05DF *DFT-2 N
J04257 JDFOBJ 2300 0012 *DFT-2 N
P04257 CCXJDEOBJ 164300 0984 *DFT-2 N
P04257W2 CCXJDEOBJ 145000 0743 *DFT-2 N
P04571 CCXJDEOBJ .RESPGM 03C5 *DFT-2 N
P04572T3 CCXJDEOBJ *DFT-2 P04572T3 QTEMP Y
Procedure: _QRNP_PEP_P04572T3
P04572T3 CCXJDEOBJ 163200 *DFT-2 P04572T3 QTEMP N
Procedure: P04572T3
P04572 CCXJDEOBJ 33015 015E *DFT-2 N
J04572CCX CCXJDEOBJ 1900 000D *DFT-2 N
* * * * * E N D O F L I S T I N G * * * * *

I see the T3 program listed 2 times, but not sure the implications
of that.

The /Procedure/ is exposed on the next line; IIRC, on some older releases, the procedure names were on the same line as the program name. The first is the Procedure Entry Point (PEP) [run-time; imagine that as an effective initialization] and the second is the user-defined procedure, added to the stack, as implicitly called from the PEP. So despite the four lines of data, and despite two lines showing the same program name, what is shown, is just one program invocation.

And this is what it looks like when I do not have the issue:

<ed: reformatted for width>
5722SS1 V5R4M0 060210 Display Job 6/30/16 12:26:28 Page
Job . : DEVA1 User . : DDHAYES Number . . : 398973
Job Call Stack
Thread . : 000007BD
Program Statement Inst ActGrp Module CtlBdy
QCMD QSYS 0512 *DFT-1 Y
QUICMENU QSYS 00C1 *DFT-1 N
1 QUIMNDRV QSYS 060C *DFT-1 N
2 QUIMGFLW QSYS 04C8 *DFT-1 N
3 QUICMD QSYS 048D *DFT-1 N
STRJDE UTILITY 1500 0015 *DFT-2 N
J98INITA JDFOBJ 13800 00EB *DFT-2 N
J98INITV JDFOBJ 19500 00FB *DFT-2 N
P00MENU JDFOBJ 05DF *DFT-2 N
J04257 JDFOBJ 2300 0012 *DFT-2 N
P04257 CCXJDEOBJ 164300 0984 *DFT-2 N
P04257W2 CCXJDEOBJ 145000 0743 *DFT-2 N
P04571 CCXJDEOBJ .RESPGM 03C5 *DFT-2 N
P04572 CCXJDEOBJ 33015 015E *DFT-2 N
J04572CCX CCXJDEOBJ 1900 000D *DFT-2 N
* * * * * E N D O F L I S T I N G * * * * *

At instruction 03C5 of program P04571 in library CCXJDEOBJ is a CALL made via a /variable/; a variable that defines the name of a program. That effect is exhibited with the appearance of the .RESPGM [Resolve Program of RPG run-time] in the stack.

In the first of the above stacks, the program name that gets invoked from that instruction is [the ILE program] P04572T3 in CCXJDEOBJ, whereas in the second of the above stacks, the program invoked from that instruction is [the RPG program] P04572 in CCXJDEOBJ. The ILE program P04572T3 in CCXJDEOBJ [module P04572T3] statement 163200 of Procedure P04572T3 *also* invokes\invoked [the RPG program] P04572 in CCXJDEOBJ.

Therefore: Despite the apparently accurate claim that "This CL <ed: J04572CCX in CCXJDEOBJ> is ONLY called from this RPG program <ed: P04572 in CCXJDEOBJ>, nowhere else on the system", the program P04572 in CCXJDEOBJ is [and\or J04572CCX in CCXJDEOBJ are] apparently, ¿but unexpectedly?, being called successively in a job running the STRJDE utility -- first P04571->P04572T3->P04572->J04572CCX and second P04571->P04572->J04572CCX.