Hi Roger

Just to add a thought - we use a basic script for FTP - just changing a sequential number in a file name each day. It used to override STDOUT or OUTPUT (I forget just now) to an OUTFILE that is copied to a history file.

We've started using Scott's FTPAPI, and it is really nice - every FTP subcommand has its own CL command, which has a return code and can get you the FTP error, if any.

I now write stuff to the job log, then retrieve whatever is in the job log for the process - using msg keys before and after and retrieving them all.

It'd be easy to add to that the kind of timestamp thing you describe.

Using the FTPAPI, we are able to halt the process in the event of a fatal error - like when you can't find the host address, of a directory cannot be changed to, etc.

This might not help you in the future, but maybe it'll be of use to someone reading the archives.

Will you be at COMMON this year? Gotta get that Dr Pepper - tastes best in the Southland!

Vern