Steve,

Ah! Shows how long it's been since I used it. Sorry for the misdirection.

Dave Shaw

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Steve Landess <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave -

ADDTRC only works on OPM programs... ;-(

-sjl

"Dave Shaw" wrote in message
news:56a14478.036d810a.d4648.7697@xxxxxxxxxxxxx...

As an alternative to Code Coverage, there are also the ancient ADDTRC and
DSPTRCDTA commands in green screen debug. I used to love to hate them on
the S/38.

Dave Shaw
Sent from my Windows phone

-----Original Message-----
From: "Vernon Hamberg" <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: ‎1/‎21/‎2016 3:42 PM
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: what lines of code in program are executed.

Paul

I don't think so - I mean that the program was compiled to be
debuggable. From the reference, "The DEBUG keyword does not control
whether the module is created to be debuggable." It is there to add some
debugging aids, such as being able to use the DUMP operation in RPG, I
believe.

I haven't tried it, but maybe this means that code coverage can handle
CLLE and other languages. I also don't know if it works for OPM programs.

Cheers
Vern