yes, missing C specs, sorry bout that.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM, <broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From what you are showing, you may have several issues.
1. Make sure that if you end-free and then you begin free again,
that you /free for the new set of free statements.

/end-free
c exsr stuff
/free
exsr next;

2. One error can cause a slew of unrelated and invalid errors after you
fix the original error. Obviously omitting /free and then starting
with free
statements will make for some very unusual and incorrect errors.

From: Hoteltravelfundotcom <hoteltravelfun@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/05/2016 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: in OS 6.1 can you mix and match /free
Sent by: "RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I checked, they all have 'C'.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 12:28 PM, <broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Me thinks you are missing the "C" spec (column 6) after the /end-fee
unless you did not include all of the code. But to answer your
question,
you absolutely can mix.

From: Hoteltravelfundotcom <hoteltravelfun@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/05/2016 11:24 AM
Subject: in OS 6.1 can you mix and match /free
Sent by: "RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

According to the error I am getting, I am thinking you cannot mix
regular
and free?
Error:
*RNF0257 30 2 Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out
of

sequence.

*RNF5005 30 21 Operation entry following ENDSR operation is not
valid;

specification is ignored.

*RNF5016 30 1 ENDSR operation has no associated BEGSR operation.

*RNF5141 30 5 ENDyy is specified without associated structured
operation.
*RNF5177 30 5 The ENDyy entry is missing for DO, DOUxx, DOWxx,
FOR,
IFxx,
MONITOR, or SELECT.

code in error:

354 /end-free
355 EXSR writeLoc

======>a

======>a

*RNF0257 30 a 017600 Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid
or
out
sequence.

356 EXSR upd67a

======>a

*RNF0257 30 a 017700 Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid
or
out
sequence.

357 /free

358 W_STRWHERE = ' where SixSeven = 0';

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the
attachments
accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to the
sender.
The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient.
If
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance
on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. Any
unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law.
If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify
the
sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the
transmission."