If you go to www.think400.dk/download.htm you will see some open source
projects under my name. Look at Load Service Programs Dynamically and then
at the source code. You will see a service program XVERRH*. This is my
standard error handler that I have been using for twenty years. It contains
standard functions to throw errors, log them and retrieve them. Fell free
to use the code in your own projects..

Looking at some of the other source code will show you how it is used.