He needs to deal with a multi-page subfile where the first & last record may well be off the screen. I believe that if he defines, for each screen,
SFLCSRRRN(&CSRLOCRRNA)
TOPRECA 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR|*TOP)
CSRLOCRRNA 5S 0H
SFLCSRRRN(&CSRLOCRRNB)
TOPRECB 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR|*TOP)
CSRLOCRRNB 5S 0H

And
if CSRLOCRRNB <> 0;
TOPRECB = CSRLOCB;
endif;

and the same for A.

This needs to happen every cycle, That should get his desired results.

CURSOR|*TOP) choices will be depending on whether he wants the subfile(s) returned to the same place, or if he wants to automatically put the last record used at the top of the panel.

In my experience, he can also use the record name to determine when to update TOPRECA/B, using RTNCSRLOC(&REC &FLD).