V7r1
We have a batch process that updates and adds to a file.
It halted with CPF5027 with options C & I - and then "C" was processed by
QMHCHGEM
In other posts there is discussion of this happening when code in a
sub-procedure, but this is an older RPGLE, no procedures, just a block of
mainline code.
The text of the messages says " 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A was not waiting on
a lock held by this job" which I don't understand.
The other job had no halt, and it is a similar old RPGLE with no
procedures. We can see where it would sit on a screen with a record open
for update.
The first job below is a batch job was most likely attempting an update
(but not sure, there is a possible write to the file, we got no dump
option).
There is no system reply entry for CPF5027 or RNX1218
Batch job run from AJS (advanced scheduler) and no default replies
setup(that I can find).

We have other jobs similar to this where we get a LCKW for the batch job,
and we normally get a retry option.
These are jobs the run many times a day (both the batch job and the
interactive maintenance)
Need to understand why this one time no retry...
Jim Franz

CPF5027 Sender copy 30 09/30/15 18:01:11.127910
QDBSIGEX QSYS 0252 QDBSIGEX QSYS 0252
Message . . . . : Record 337758 in
use by job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A.
Cause . . . . . : You cannot get
record number 337758 record format EMPLYR
member number 1 in member EMPLYRL1
file EMPLYRL1 in library KRMDATA because
record number 337758 is being used
by job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A. The
error code is 2. If the error code
is 1, then this error occurred when
record number 337758 was locked by
job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A which was
waiting on a lock held by this job.
If the error code is 2, then job
561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A was not
waiting on a lock held by this job.
Recovery . . . : Try your request
again when record number 337758 is
available. Possible choices for
replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . : C -- The request is
canceled. I -- The request is ignored.
CPF5027 Notify 30 09/30/15 18:01:11.127917
QDBSIGEX QSYS 0252 PDSCVT01 KRMMOD *STM
To module . . . . . . . . . :
PDSCVT01
To procedure . . . . . . . :
PDSCVT01
Statement . . . . . . . . . :
2240
Message . . . . : Record 337758 in
use by job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A.
Cause . . . . . : You cannot get
record number 337758 record format EMPLYR
member number 1 in member EMPLYRL1
file EMPLYRL1 in library KRMDATA because
record number 337758 is being used
by job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A. The
error code is 2. If the error code
is 1, then this error occurred when
record number 337758 was locked by
job 561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A which was
waiting on a lock held by this job.
If the error code is 2, then job
561117/TRICHEMA/VPN7714A was not
waiting on a lock held by this job.
Recovery . . . : Try your request
again when record number 337758 is
available. Possible choices for
replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . : C -- The request is
canceled. I -- The request is ignored.
*NONE Reply 09/30/15 18:01:11.132652
QMHCHGEM QSYS 0146 PDSCVT01 KRMMOD *STMT
To module . . . . . . . . . :
PDSCVT01
To procedure . . . . . . . :
PDSCVT01
Statement . . . . . . . . . :
2240
Message . . . . :
*NONE Reply 09/30/15 18:01:11.132664
QMHCHGEM QSYS 0146 QDBSIGEX QSYS 0252
Message . . . . :
RNX1218 Escape 99 09/30/15 18:01:11.132717
QRNXIE QSYS *STMT PDSCVT01 KRMMOD *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . :
QRNXMSG