John,

If you *really* want to just keep using PDM options 14, 15 and the like, I
would suggest you take a look at my compile preprocessor (
http://iprodeveloper.com/development/using-compile-preprocessor). It works
similarly to many other MAKE-type tools, but you simply set up a routing
entry in your batch subsystem (QBATCH or whatever) and whenever you a
submit a compile job to batch, whether from PDM or RDi or whatever, it
works its magic. You don't need to run any separate MAKE or BUILD command -
you just run the basic CRT* command. It works with pretty much every CRT*
command there is - not just the basics, but also esoteric things like
CRTCPPMOD that no-one ever uses...

If that link doesn't work for you, let me know and I can send you the
source and documentation.

Regards,

Rory