Agreed but that was not the question. Just whether it was passing whole
thing.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to define and pass a varying length string (64K or
even larger) with CONST (constant reference)?
In this way only a pointer is passed. If the definition of the passed
value/variable is identical to the defined parameter the address of the
original variable is passed. Only if it do not match a temporary variable
in
the expected definition is created and initialized and finally the address
of this temporary field is passedl

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)