On 05-Mar-2015 10:49 -0600, Marco Benetti wrote:

I'm trying to define an hidden field as utf-16 in a subfile, but
if I add CCSID(1200) I obtain CPD7552 (Keyword or value not valid
for usage or constant field.)

4600 A $$INT 30G H CCSID(1200)

* CPD7552-*

What am i doing wrong? It seems don't accept keyword CCSID.

My system is running V6R1.

There is a documented restriction for the CHRID kwd for each of "message fields (M specified in position 38), hidden fields (H specified in position 38), or program-to-system fields (P in Position 38)" per <http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzakc/rzakcmstdfchrid.htm> which perhaps is similar, but for which there is no mention of that same restriction for the Field-Level use of the CCSID CCSID in either of <http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzakc/rzakcmstdfusc2.htm> "CCSID (Coded Character Set Identifier) keyword" or the parent topic <http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzakc/ucs2kwd.htm> "Keyword considerations for display files that use Unicode data (positions 45 through 80)"? However, the CCSID keyword for Display Files is also allowed at the Record-Level [and at the File-Level if not using a program-to-system field].

FWiW: On v5r3 I was able to compile a device file with attribute DSPF [Create Display File (CRTDSPF)] using the above G\Graphic data type and length specifications by coding in the DDS, the CCSID(1200) on the /Functions/ area (positions 45 through 80) of the Record Format instead of on the field. I did not test the functionality, only that the compile completes without error; i.e. the Device *FILE is created, and no warnings or low-severity errors appeared in the listing.