If that's your experience and expertise, you would still not be
anywhere near 80% of the way toward Alan Kay's idea of OOP (though you
could be most of the way toward Java's flavor of OOP).

Yes. It was a response to Dieter's comment.

There is no canonical definition of OOP. Even Alan Kay doesn't have one.
Polymorphism, overriding methods, classes, etc, are not fundamental to OOP.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>