You guys are great. Will be testing more Monday.
I believe in this situation I will use Brian's for the simplicity of the
naming.
I believe Jon's would work with multiple likerec's in the ds and would help
keep things straight in a more complex situation.

Thanks much

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:36:24 -0400
from: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Adding field to data structure

You cannot add to the end of a LikeRec structure Jim - if you could it
wouldn?t be ?like? the record.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do - but if you ultimately want a
DS array then maybe something like this?

D* store data from file and formatted part for each part
D vcdataArr ds Dim(99)
D vcdata likerec(inmvcross1)
D vfmtpart like(inmvpart)
D vfmtcpart like(inmvcpart)

Jon Paris

*I believe Jon's works great. You use this notation to work with a field
in record format inmvcross1.*

*vcdataArr(x).vcdata.fieldname*

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:50:46 -0000
from: "Brian Parkins" <goodprophet.bp@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Adding field to data structure

Jim, the LIKEREC keyword does not allow additional subfields to be defined
within a Data Structure. However, the EXTNAME keyword does.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve - nor if your approach is
ideal - but the following will compile:

D* store data from file and formatted part for each part
D vcdata e ds extname(inmvfile:inmvcross1:*input)
D vfmtpart like(inmvpart)
D vfmtcpart like(inmvcpart)

D* data structure array to store a part/vmrs group for processing
D vc ds likeds(vcdata) dim(200)

Hope this helps.
Brian.

* I believe Brian's allows you use this notation to work with a field the
DS*

*vc(x).fieldname*