In order to match your first example you needed to define the B field as 9B 0 - not 4! When using from/to you are defining a length of 4 bytes - when using 4B you are telling the compiler to define a field that will hold 4 digits (2 bytes). That’s why you see the value you expect in debug the debugger shows you the value of your 2 byte field - the API however is seeing the _four_ bytes starting with your two.

You should not really be using the B data type at all - ignore its use in examples - it is deprecated in current RPG and has been since back in the V4 days. Your standalone field should be defined as 10i.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com