On 8/26/2014 10:57 AM, Alan Cassidy wrote:
AND it's preventing a compile of an RPG program that uses it. Module compiles fine, service program compiles fine.

Double check the job log, especially ALL the messages relating to being
unable to find an export. If there are more than one, you may be trying
to bind to the wrong service program. I keep my standard service
programs in a binding directory that is part of my standard H-spec /copy
and I've had a remarkable reduction in these sort of errors since
starting that habit.

At least that's what it looks like to me, but it doesn't sound right, because the Toronto compiler team hardly ever misses a beat.

In my expanded IFSTEXT_M source (thank you Scott Klement):

dcl-proc PurgeOldFiles export ;

dcl-proc PurgeOldFiles export ;

In the definition section of the code, I do a /COPY on the header, where I have the prototypes for these procedures (clones of the module PI) to use elsewhere and to check consistency.

In the binder source:

EXPORT SYMBOL( PurgeOldFiles )
EXPORT SYMBOL( PurgeOldFile )

Any suggestions?

For the moment, don't trust the binder source. Trust the objects rather
than the source. When you try to compile PGMA, the compiler/linker
won't be looking at the binder source, but at the object to which you
are trying to bind. You mention a module and a service program. Are
you trying to bind to the module (even accidentally?)
--buck