To everyone that responded, thanks.
As I indicated, this is something I am researching for my own benefit.
I had originally thought along the lines of changing the "OLDPGM" to
"NEWSRVPGM" and creating a new "OLDPGM" with the original parms and logic
to call procedures in the service program.

It is nice to know that most of the community appears to confirm that *if*
something like this is done (change OLDPGM to NEWSRVPGM) that the above
would be the best method to use.

I will not be changing anything for the sake of change, but if I do need to
add significant new code and/or function, I will keep this in mind.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst