I have added the new field to my file with DDL. I removed constraints, added constraints, I kept trying stuff until something worked.

Now I am trying to use the tools I have used for many years to use the new file in all my libraries. I use CRTDUPOBJ to make an empty copy of the file I just added the field to in the next library I need it. I try to move data into it using CPYF and *MAP *DROP. It fails with CPF5035 error code 20 "-- A field that is not null capable could not be set to null. "

I don't want null capable in any way, shape, or form to avoid problems like this one. Yet I have them anyway. I just want to copy data, like I've done for years and years. If there is an SQL command/tool as easy to use as CPYF, I'm willing to try it.

I am trying to use the new methods like DDL. But I have spent over a day on something that should have taken less than an hour.

---Dale