On 4/10/2014 9:16 AM, David Gibbs wrote:
There is a POSSIBLE problem brewing with a some of the new Yahoo
anti-spam measures.

The _possible_ problem is now real.

Basically, any mail provider that complies with Yahoo' DMARC settings will *REJECT* mail from midrange.com mailing lists that was posted from a yahoo hosted email address (Yahoo, AT&T, Bellsouth, etc).

I have observed this directly with Gmail.

The response from Gmail when the message was delivered was:

550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of yahoo.com domain if
550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about DMARC
550 5.7.1 initiative.

Information on Yahoo's policy can be found here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN24016.html

midrange.com employs DKIM, DomainKeys, and SPF to ensure mail delivery. Also, all mailing list messages have a "reply-to" address in the midrange.com domain.

Unfortunately, this also has a blow back affect of causing message delivery to gmail accounts to start racking up bounce hits ... after 5 days of bouncing, a subscription is disabled. Mailman does *NOT* keep track of successful deliveries, so it can't tell that some messages are delivered successfully ... it only knows messages are bouncing.

If you are using yahoo for mail, I suggest you contact them for support.

Please consider using a different email service that does not impose the hard restrictions.

I may have to moderate all yahoo accounts and advise those people to consider using an alternate email service.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at support@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

david