I have a file with multiple record types. 3 of the 4 record types I need to manipulate, the fourth I can safely ignore.

IFILE01 NS 01 25 C1
I 01 06 CLIENT Rcd 1
I 07 21 ID
I 287 288 DYS

IFILE01 NS 02 25 CB
I 01 06 CLIENT Rcd B
I 07 21 ID
I 49 49 N61
I 74 74 N62

IFILE01 NS 03 25NC1 26 CI 27 CD Rcd /
I 01 06 CLIENT
I 07 21 ID
I 26 75 NAME

IFILE01 NS 99 25 Z2 25 D0 Rcd A

Here is a dsppfm of a portion of the file showing the different record types:

2563050000000004044750111
256305000000000404475000\ID
256305000000000404475000B01
256305000000000404475

Here it is in Hex Over/Under with the portion being used for Record Id highlighted
2563050000000004044750111 Rec Id 01
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF44
256305000000000404475011100

256305000000000404475000\ID Rec Id 03
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFECC
256305000000000404475000094

256305000000000404475000B01 Rec Id 02
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFCFF
256305000000000404475000201

256305000000000404475 Rec Id 99
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF444244
256305000000000404475000000

I keep getting a unidentified record type, always on the record I want called Rec Id 99. What am I not doing correctly ? RTM is acceptable if you point to the page in the book. I am V7R1.

Cyndi Bradberry | Programmer/Analyst
Idaho Housing and Finance Association
P.O. Box 7899, Boise, ID 83707-1899
Phone 208-331-4775| CyndiB@xxxxxxxx