Chris

try this (it should work on both V4R5 and V6R1) ...

options = 'doc=string +
path=System-Link/LoginResponse +
case=any +
allowextra=yes +
allowmissing=yes';

xml-Into LoginResponse %xml(rpns:options);

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

To Chris - I don't think you have the issue Peter cites. The use of
datasubf is for elements with this form -

<tagname attr="value">text data</tagname>

Note that 'text data' has no name.

You LoginResponse element has another element within it - SessionHandle
- this has to be part of your LocalResponse DS. Or you can try the
'allowextra=yes' option.

Here is something from the docs on XML-INTO options -

"If unexpected XML data is found, and 'allowextra=yes' is not specified,
the operation will fail with status 00353 (XML does not match RPG
variable)."

HTH
Vern