William

as you can't add a new field to the file a trigger program is the way to go
or a product that on a general level monitors any DB changes without any
changes to the DB.

Dieter state the journaling has no impact to the system! This is completely
wrong, journaling takes up disk space, it consumes CPU and what worse is
that it affects the performance in the disk controllers and disks that
traditionally are the bottleneck on a P7 machine.