Birgitta

why not use RRN ?

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I think will do the trigger process combined with the RRN.
I'd not use the RRN but the unique key fields.
If the physical file is reorganized, the relative record no will/may be
changed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Im
Auftrag von William Salim
Gesendet: Sunday, 05.1 2014 17:17
An: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Betreff: Re: Get Record Creation Date

Thanks Dieter,

I think i have that things, that from the main file I made another file
that
contains year.
The program is in batch, runs at 00.30 am. Problem happened when new year
comes, reading from the main file that sort by the month+day (no other
keys).
When new year comes and program executed, it will be many transactions
duplicated the key month+day it could be from 5 years or more.

I think will do the trigger process combined with the RRN.

Thanks

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM, William Salim