So you want a 5250 screen, that pops up and controls pictures delivered via
browser?

You'd be hard pressed to have the 5250 emulator hold control, simply due to
the way windows works. For that matter, you need some way to start the
browser. If strpccmd and runrmtcmd are out, then you'd need to build/buy
the basically same functionality. RJS has thier "iSeries Office
Integrator" product. (
http://www.rjssoftware.com/Products/Catalog/iSeries-Office-Integrator/)

You might be able to meet this hold control requirement if you build your
client side app. But now you've got to handle the comm between the client
& server yourself. I suppose you could use RPG OA on the server, but you'd
be writing your own RPG OA handler to do the comm. The only thing RPG OA
would give you in this scenario would be the use of RPG WRITE/EXFMT
op-codes instead RPG procedure calls. It's probably be easier to simply do
socket comm directly.

A better solution would be to get rid of the 5250 screen altogether. There
are numerous products out there that make it easier for RPG programmers to
do web development. Some use RPG OA, some don't. ProfoundUI is one
product that comes to mind, it will use RPG OA if available.

Charles