However - by the "highly scientific" method of looking at all the other diagnostic values I discovered that _part_ of the second level text appears to be placed in DB2_TOKEN_STRING. No way of knowing if this is always true - but in this instance it has what I need - which is the reason why an XML validation failed.

Sadly it is still not as good as the job log info. It only includes the latter part of the second level text, not the really useful stuff like the position of the error in the source.

So I'm better off than I was but ... why is it that every time I start to like SQL it throws something like this at me.

On 2013-11-11, at 3:54 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks - makes sense but why the hell EXCEPTION is not shown in the diagram and EXCEPTION is ... mutter mutter.

On 2013-11-11, at 3:48 PM, Luis Rodriguez <luisro58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jon,

EXCEPTION is a synonym for CONDITION. And CONDITION is used to indicate
which SQL condition is requested. CONDITION 1 indicates the last
SQLstatement diagnostic, CONDITION 2 the second, etc.(
IIRC),

Regards,
Luis

Luis Rodriguez