Gosh, I just tried it.

http://www.martinvt.com/Subfiles/FAQ/faq.html

It worked as expected, with no extra blanks.

Just for fun, try changing to CNTFLD(24) just to see what happens?

On 10/11/2013 10:20 AM, Englander, Douglas /c wrote:
I have a 100 character field that is a free form "memo" type field, where the user can type anything into it.

I have it defined in DDS as WRDWRAP with CNTFLD(50) to display one 100 character field as two 50 character lines.

When I test entering data hands down, it works perfectly, and pushes longer words to the next line as they begin to not be able to fit on the initial line.

When I look at the data returned to RPG, there are embedded spaces being returned where the word was "pushed" to the second line. I was not expecting to see this, since in the IBM APPLICATION DISPLAY PROGRAMMING manual on page 33, it specifically states "Extra blanks that are inserted to make a wrap occur are removed when data is returned to your program."

Has anyone got this to work as documented by IBM? Is there another keyword I must use to make this happen? Do I need to install a PTF?

Thank you,

Doug