From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RPGLIST
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:22 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Max number of Parma on a prototype

That's not how IWS works AT ALL...

The idea behind IWS is that you can write an RPG program, fairly normal,
no special XML or anything... then just point IWS at it, and it works.

It does not attempt to take XML and generate RPG parameters for it!!

Scott I wasn't saying it generated RPG parameters, I was talking about the mapping, so when you setup the IWS, you define which fields are inbound, outbound, and mixed. I assume the IWS reads the interface and gets the field names. That's what I'm talking about, I was looking for a way to handle the mapping.

just working my way through this..

Dutch

IWS does have limitations. It can only handle 7 parameters and they
must be either passed by reference or be a 10i 0 field.

But, those fields can be data structures, and the structures can have
many parameters...

Or, you could just pass one large character string, and you could put
XML data inside that character string...