What do you mean by "interactively"? DSPPFM? RUNQRY ()? I don't even think you'll see anything else in STRSQL but haven't tried in a while, if ever.

If, as Henrik says, they are CLOBs, you will not see anything else in these interfaces.

There are SQL functions that you need to use - a search for XML in these groups can lead you to some white papers and examples of using the new DB2 for i support for XML.

One of those papers is "Replacing DB2 XML Extender with Integrated DB2 for i XML capabilities", written by Nick Lawrence, Kent Milligan, and Yi Yuan.

Nick also has a blog, "i Can Use XML in a Relational World", and he has links there to other resources, including the new "SQL XML Reference" in InfoCenter.

HTH
Vern